When it is a player's turn, each sector they own is normally assigned one action point.
The player may spend that action point on one of the five actions.
A player may spend action points until they have spent them all or time has run out for their turn.
The five different actions a player may take are as listed:
- Move ships from one of your sectors to an enemy sector. (Attack)
- Move ships from one of your sectors to a friendly sector.
- Move ships to one of your sectors from reserves.
- Purchase more ships for one of your sectors.
- Purchase action points for surrounding sectors.